Recently I ran our goal setting workshop for the second time. The workshop went really well last year but best of all many of the attendees contacted me throughout the year to share that they had achieved all of their goals. Although I absolutely know this stuff works, it is still a massive thrill to hear when it’s been instrumental in changing others’ lives.
Given that this is an annual workshop (look out for it in January 2019), I thought I’d share the process with you because there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t start at any time and we now have some beautiful DIY templates that you can download to have your list also looking fantastic when you put it up at home.
Here are the five simple steps to get you on your way to your best year ever:
- Position yourself somewhere you enjoy hanging out. Then, download your favourite goal setting template below this article.
- Start your reflection … Imagine us meeting up in 12 months time. You tell me you have had your best year ever. Think about what has happened. What can you see? What can you hear? Who is with you? How does it feel? Dream big because that’s when you get the greatest benefits!
- Write down the five or six key outcomes that would create this amazing year for you. It can be useful to write them as though they’re already here, eg. If you plan to buy an investment property you might write “We own an investment property which is contributing to our family wealth”. If it’s say a car you want you might say “I am driving my beautiful new car”. Write these items in the left column of the template (either ours or one of your own).
- Find an image that will remind you of your goal. Say it’s the car, look for a picture that is the exact model and colour that you want. For me it’s a Mazda CX5 and it’s so coming this year!! Place the image in the right column. (Googling images can be a great idea because you can resize them for the template but magazines can also be a cool way to find them.)
- Place your goal list somewhere you will see it regularly, or where it will at least see you. Many people put it on their refrigerator and mine is by my desk looking over me as I go about my work day.
This exercise is underpinned by manifestation, tapping into the law of attraction. I cannot tell you exactly how it works but I can definitely tell you that it has worked for me and many of my friends and clients. Here’s a few tips for increasing the likelihood that it will also work for you:
- Believe that it is possible, as Louise Hay says, “You’ll see it when you believe it”.
- Commit to a personal growth practice … eg. believing you are worth it, appreciating all of the awesome things you already have in your life, helping others, meditation, exploring your gifts, and pursuing your life purpose all seem to have a positive impact.
- Consider affirmations and/or visualising your goals. One friend manifested $15K+ after repeating “I am open to receiving large sums of money coming from unexpected sources” over and over each day, whilst I meditate daily visualising my goals achieved.
- Be open to how your goal might be achieved. If we are steadfastly committed to a plan for how it will happen there’s a risk of being blind to alternative, sometimes easier, ways for the goal to occur. Have a plan if you want one, but please be flexible.
We would love to hear how you go with the process so drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your experiences or to ask any questions you might have. We can also provide a template in Word format in case you want to type diretly into it.
Wishing you your best year yet!